Validating Preliminary Results on a Sample and the Specimen Transportation Process
Step 1: Initiating the Lab Sending Process
- When prompted with a Non-Negative Specimen, on the preliminary results page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate the "Send to Lab" option.
- Click on the "Send to Lab" option to proceed.
Step 2: Validate
- At the bottom of the page, find and press the "Validate" button.
- Upon pressing "Validate," a three-minute timer will begin its countdown.
- After the three-minute countdown, move to the results history page.
- Scan your DRT (Digital Rapid Test) once again.
Step 3: Sending the Preliminary Result for Validation
- Once you receive the preliminary validation result, navigate to the results page.
- Locate and select the "Send to Lab" button to initiate the sending process.
Important Notes for Validated Non-Negative Specimens:
Ensure the DRT remains tightly sealed until you distinctly hear a CLICK sound, as this is a crucial precaution to prevent any potential leaks during transit. Make sure the DRT is firmly sealed with a security seal, and that the donor initials and dates this seal. Failure to do so will lead to a critical issue upon arrival at the laboratory.
- You'll find the appropriate security seals within the Rapid Test kit Box, enclosed in a clear plastic bag.
- Apply the security seal over the lid of the POCT and secure it on the sides of the cup.
- Ensure that the QR code and Lab ID on the test kit are not covered by the seal.
Step 4: Packaging and Transporting the Specimen
- Place the validated specimen into the clear plastic "specimen transport bag" that has the absorbent material in the pouch.
- Seal the specimen transport bag.
- Add the sealed specimen transport bag to the provided FedEx pouch.
- Ensure that all specimens to be sent are placed within the same shipment pouch.